Welcome to the first post by our latest Fresh Face Designer Carolyn King! Just wait until you see all the fun items she has in store for you this month. Check back each Tuesday for a new post hosted by Carolyn. Today Carolyn has created a Christmas Tree project for our readers. Read through her instructions below:
Hi there! It’s Carolyn and I am so excited to begin sharing some of my projects on the EP blog! When I first heard I was going to be the Fresh Face Designer for December….my mind immediately thought of some fun holiday projects. So today, I want to share my handcrafted Christmas tree. I used Lori Whitlock’s 3D Christmas Tree file (available here as a SVG/ DXF file and also available in the Silhouette online store.) to create the tree itself.
I printed out the tree on some "Season’s Greetings" paper. I arranged the layers on a thin dowel that I
purchased at a craft store and adhered them with a glue gun. I added some triangles of patterned paper
from the collection to a paper mache star and inserted the top of the dowel
through it.
For the bottom of the tree, I covered a wooden spool with
some patterned paper and inserted the bottom of the dowel inside. The tree is glued onto a wooden circle that I
covered with paper.
To finish off the tree , I added a little tag from the "Season’s
Greetings" chipboard accents and added a clear "JOY" sticker to the tag. I tied a ribbon around the top of the
tree. Finally, I used some "Season’s
Greetings" Assorted Brads for the tree decorations. To make them look more like tree ornaments
than brads, I used a paper piercing tool to pry the pearl centers from the brads and
then used a glue dot to add the centers
to the tree.
Hope you enjoyed this project. Be back soon with more
projects!Check back next Tuesday for another blog post featuring the amazing Carolyn and her beautiful work!





Patti J
Said
This is so much fun, Cammie! So glad that you shared - you are amazing, my friend!!!
Trisha
Said
This is just so adorable. Love the tree and what fabulous Lori Whitlock papers.
LAuclair
Said
What an amazing project! I just love it, Carolyn!
Tina M
Said
Awesome Tree! I love all your little details :)
Sue Alger
Said
Great Idea. I have the 3-D tree and now I just have to get these papers.
Lori Whitlock
Said
I absolutely LOVE this, Cammie!! Amazing job! ~ Hugs ~ Lori
Kerys
Said
WOW! I love it! What a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for the inspiration! :-) x
Carolyn King
Said
Thank you friends:)
Linda Beeson
Said
Now that tree is just beyond adorable! LOVE the papers and the entire design.
Laurel Geisbush
Said
this tree is beautiful! great job!!
Kathy
Said
It just never ceases to amaze me that you gals can come up with new and creative ideas every week, and they are all fresh ideas! Thanks for another one here today!
Julie Tucker-Wolek
Said
Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!!!! I am SERIOUSLY in love with that tree!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Susan
Said
Your tree is absolutely gorgeous Cammie. Your new creations with the Silhouette are fabulous!
JaniceA
Said
Wow love the tree, Loved the hop, thank you all for your wonderful talent and inspiration.
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com
Paula
Said
Wow I love your tree!! Everyone on the hop is so talented. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!
Nana
Said
Muy bonito.
Tammietam
Said
oooh love it!! xx Tamara
Anonymous
Said
Seven months to make one, plenty of time, right? Great little project, thanks for sharing.
2 peas in a pod
Said
I'm a new follower and found you on Pinterest.I love this tree! I'm going to make some of these for Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Hugs http://2peasinapod-thepeapod.blogspot.com
Crochet Mom
Said
SOOO cute! Very creative and they will make adorable gifts. Thank You for sharing.