Fresh Face Designer: Vanessa Menhorn Post #2

Welcome back to another project blog post hosted by our very own Fresh Face Designer Vanessa Menhorn. This week, Vanessa has created another fabulous holiday project for you. I know you're going to be inspired by her ideas!




Hi again! This is Vanessa with my second post this month!

Today I have some more "Season's Greetings" projects for you. This collection inspired me so much that I had to stop myself from creating more and more.

First is this cute little home décor:



Continue reading for more photos and directions on how to create this amazing frame!


I used some of the adorable stickers to quickly make this shadow box. On my blog you will find a tutorial on how to remove the stickiness of the stickers and how to make Mr. Frosty stand.


For the snow, I used mica flaces and added tiny, iridiscent stars (unfortunately these are hard to see on the photo). To make everything more festive, I decorated the green tree with gemstones. Finally I tied-on some red ribbon and added the berries and pine cones:


My second project for today is another giftbag. This time I created a bag from one sheet of patterned paper:

I love making quick and easy bags and boxes just using my score board. On my blog I will show you step-by-step how I made it as well as how to make this trendy rosette. Making these can become addicting!

Thank you for visiting today and I hope you'll come back for my third post where I will show you some projects using the Happy Days Collection, as well as a cute non-paper gift idea for a little girl using digital Echo Park dies from IDiecut.com! Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. C
    Said

    gravatar

    Adorable...love the shadowbox!

    November 8, 2011 at 3:25 AM
  2. gravatar

    Beautiful creations! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the shadowbox and LOVING the gift bag!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    November 8, 2011 at 5:04 AM
  3. Unknown
    Said

    gravatar

    These ideas are wonderful! The gift bag is great and only one sheet of paper! Love that! And I want to make my own shadow box! What a cute one!

    November 8, 2011 at 6:21 AM
  4. gravatar

    Love them both! What a great shadowbox! Beautiful gift bag too--- a gift in itself!

    November 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM
  5. Alisha
    Said

    gravatar

    I love your shadow box, that is so pretty and fun. Great ideas.
    alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
    http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

    November 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM
  6. Court
    Said

    gravatar

    Lovely projects! I LOVE Season's Greetings too!!!

    November 8, 2011 at 9:24 AM
  7. PaperVine
    Said

    gravatar

    Great projects Vanessa - that snowman in the shadowbox looks perfect!
    Lowri :-)

    November 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM
  8. gravatar

    FABULOUS projects, Vanessa! LOOOOOOVE that snowman in the shadowbox:) FUN!

    November 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Post a Comment