Fresh Face Designer: Lowri McNabb Post #4

Welcome back to another post hosted by our amazing Fresh Face Designer Lowri McNabb. Lowri is sharing her last post for the month. We want to thank her for sharing her amazing talent with our readers. Be sure to follow her blog for additional ideas as she has a fantastic eye for design and uses her design talent to create amazing things! This week she has created three amazing holiday projects. Be sure to check out all her amazing photos and ideas!

Hi Everyone – Lowri here to share some Christmas ideas today. The Season’s Greetings Collection offers heaps of opportunities for creating some colorful festive projects.
Advent Calendar

This fun project was a lot of work – but really worth it! The fabulous mix of colors in the collection make for a nostalgic feel and I am really excited about using this as a home for little treats during the Christmas countdown!
Continue reading for additional information about this and other projects created by Lowri!


Each drawer front is decorated with paper squares, stickers from the Element Stickers Sheet and a Brad. To create the centerpiece I have layered more stickers and made the little 3-d trees using symmetrical die-cuts I cut from the papers using Spellbinders. A chipboard “Merry Christmas” painted red completes the scene. I really wish you could see and touch this project in person - it was very hard to photograph and get a sense of dimension and I don’t feel the pictures do it justice!

There are heaps of this type of project available now and a little internet searching will give you plenty of ideas for making your own. Here are a couple of  additional ideas for using up those scraps at the end of a big project.

Christmas Journal

The base for this journal is just one sheet of paper – Journaling Cards. I have cut apart each individual element and then rounded all the corners. Using a single hole punch and a binding ring, I started to put all the elements together.

The album is basically made from scraps I had left over. I layered some stickers onto scraps of paper, hole punched the corner and added them in. With the chipboard pieces I hadn’t used, I simple peeled off the adhesive layer, punched a hole and added them as well. It will be great for keeping all my little notes and lists organized, and after Christmas I will just add a few photos for a great snapshot and keepsake of Christmas 2011.

Super Quick Card and Tags

I put these together with a few more of the scraps I hadn’t used. These are very simple ideas, but they show off the elegance of this collection. With papers this gorgeous and sophisticated half of the work is done for you.

It has been a real pleasure to work with Echo Park this month. Please stop by and become a follower of my blog as I will be showing heaps more Christmas projects over the coming weeks.  Christmas is in the summertime here in New Zealand so there may be a few surprises too!
Please post a comment if you have any questions.

Lowri

Supplies List:
Echo Park:
Season’s Greetings Collection Pack, Season’s Greetings 6x6 Paper Pad, Season’s Greetings Assorted Brad Pack, Season’s Greetings Chipboard
Other:
Dusty Attic Advent Calendar, Spellbinders Holiday Trees 2010, small hole punch, binding ring, chipboard “Merry Christmas”, decorative scissors







25 comments:

  1. gravatar

    Absolutely gorgeous advent calendar...wow!

    October 25, 2011 at 4:48 AM
  2. gravatar

    I've really enjoyed all the fabulous decoration posts Lowri! This is a spectacular trio! LOVE the drawers- cute cute CUTE! But the card is positively arresting- love the black and white with pops of color!!! I'm so picking this collection up!

    October 25, 2011 at 4:55 AM
  3. gravatar

    Wow, wow, wow....your work is stunning, Lowri. Love all these projects.

    October 25, 2011 at 5:12 AM
  4. gravatar

    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are ALL GORGEOUS! I love love love that advent calendar! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    October 25, 2011 at 5:58 AM
  5. Unknown
    Said

    gravatar

    WOW!!fANTASTIC WORK!!!

    October 25, 2011 at 6:44 AM
  6. gravatar

    That advent calendar rocks... Way to go Lawri! All of your projects have been so inspiring!!

    October 25, 2011 at 7:11 AM
  7. gravatar

    What is really so amazing about all your posts this month, Lowri, is that you find such fun ways to use the product. Each project is more creative and outstanding than the last!

    October 25, 2011 at 7:25 AM
  8. buglvr2010
    Said

    gravatar

    Amazing, Lowri! I am in awe of your creativity. I would love to try making something like this....it's fabulous! The cards are all the fabulous, too. I love the black and white...going to check you blog to see if you have instructions for that fold!

    October 25, 2011 at 7:37 AM
  9. Chrissy
    Said

    gravatar

    So adorable, Lowri! I love that card and advent calendar. I am loving the mix of color and delicious patterns. You have completed RAWKED Echo Park's socks, I'm sure!

    October 25, 2011 at 7:56 AM
  10. gravatar

    Everything she made was just fabulous! She is amazing!! =)

    October 25, 2011 at 8:09 AM
  11. Kimmie
    Said

    gravatar

    I was thinking about buying an already-made advent calendar for my kiddos this year, but you've changed my mind, Lowri!

    I'm a little sad that the month has come to an end and we won't be seeing your posts here on EP anymore. :o( Each and every creation was absolutely fabulous!

    October 25, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  12. Rachel
    Said

    gravatar

    oh my goodness! these projects are BEYOND fantastic!!!!

    October 25, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  13. gravatar

    Love all of these projects, but especially the advent calendar. Great work!

    October 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM
  14. gravatar

    What fantastic projects you have created Lowri! Love the Advent Calendar and it is amazing what you can do with scraps!

    October 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  15. Ruby
    Said

    gravatar

    WOW Lowri, just GORGEOUS!!

    October 25, 2011 at 3:41 PM
  16. Anna
    Said

    gravatar

    WOW! Gorgeous work!!!

    October 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  17. Sandy Ang
    Said

    gravatar

    Amazing projects all ~!

    October 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM
  18. Court
    Said

    gravatar

    You saved the best for last!!! These are amazing projects!!!

    October 25, 2011 at 11:54 PM
  19. gravatar

    Beautiful projects Lowri! You have done a fab job with Echo Park, your lovely clean style is a perfect match for EP :)

    October 26, 2011 at 4:16 AM
  20. Gretchen
    Said

    gravatar

    wow! Lowri, you are one talented & crafty chick!!

    October 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM
  21. ScrapGoo
    Said

    gravatar

    Lowri, you hit this out of the dang park, girl! I adore the advent calendar. This collecting SINGS with your designs!

    October 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM
  22. gravatar

    Lowri, your talent
    really shines with
    this collection!
    I love your advent
    calendar...so unique...just
    A W E S O M E!

    October 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM
  23. JLPC
    Said

    gravatar

    this is fabulous, Lowri, love your rec's for using up scraps and left-over bits! And the advent calendar is just breath-taking, well done!

    October 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  24. scrapdiva
    Said

    gravatar

    gorgeous projects

    October 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM
  25. Amanda
    Said

    gravatar

    Would you be willing to make an advent calendar special order so that someone can buy it?

    January 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Post a Comment