Announcing our NEWEST Fresh Face Designer: Vanessa Menhorn!
After reviewing all the beautiful and amazing entries for the November Fresh Face Designer, we selected Vanessa's entry as our winner. Vanessa has an amazing eye for detail, and creates dimensional project all while incorporating special techniques, such as stamping. We're excited to have her join our team of Fresh Face Designers.
We asked Vanessa to answer a few questions about herself and her design process. Below you will find her answers!
What is your favorite Echo Park Paper collection?
This is so difficult to choose, but I will say the "For the Record" collection. I love the vintage feeling and the colors of the collection.
Continue reading for additional information about Vanessa, a project from her, and her blog link!
Where do you reside?
I am living in the south of Germany.
Where do you do most of your creating?
My creating happens in our bedroom where I have my crafting area, although this room could be called "craft room with a bed to sleep in" by now. Most of the room is occupied by my supplies, storage, and tools.
Tell us about your family.
I am married and a mom of a sweet little girl (age 3). She loves being creative, which makes me really proud. Together we enjoy spending time in our garden, jumping on the trampoline, picking flowers, and watching little animals as often as possible. Then, during nap times and in the evenings, you will find me playing with my supplies.
What is the one scrapbooking tool you can't live without?
What's one tip you can share with our readers regarding scrapbooking?
Just have fun! For me, this hobby is my therapy and it works best when I just sit down and play. You can't go wrong! A tip about inspiration would be that it really helps to have something to write/sketch on at hand EVERYWHERE. I my case, inspiration hits me when I expect it the least--and if I don't write it down immediately, the idea slips away.
Are you a card maker, scrapbooker, altered artist or a combination of these three?
I am a combination of all three. Mainly I am a card maker, but I love to create bags, boxes, altered items and recently got addicted to making mini albums.
Do you have additional hobbies besides scrapbooking?
I would love to be able to say that I am still doing sports regularly. But all my "me" time I have I spend paper crafting! And I am not sure if you could call it a hobby that I like to cook and bake?
Anything else you'd like us to know about yourself?
I am so thrilled to be a Fresh Face Designer for Echo Park Paper! I hope that I will inspire you with my projects!
Look for Vanessa's projects and posts to begin in November, while our October Fresh Face Designer Lowri McNabb's projects will begin on Tuesday. Stay tuned!


PaperVine
Said
Congratulations Vanessa - your entries are beautiful and I am really looking forward to seeing what you create!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/
Julie Tucker-Wolek
Said
CONGRATS Vanessa! I loveeeeeee your creations and can't wait to see more! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Court
Said
Congratulations Vanessa!
Sara
Said
Congratulations! I look forward to seeing your projects!
donna mikasa
Said
Congratulations, Vanessa! So looking forward to seeing your cards and projects! Hugs!
Ella Swan
Said
Congrats Vanessa can't wait to see your creations!!
Carolyn King
Said
Congrats Vanessa!!